Thursday, October 1, 2009

Burger Tex 2--Bulgogi Burger (Spicy)

I have been to the Burger-Tex (2) before this. Its located right on the drag, next to the Buffalo Exchange.


At that time, i didn't see anything special.  It was more of a Fuddrucker's Knock-off that served some good chuck and a homemade bun with a condiment bar in the dining area.  I do remember seeing the right side of the menu and noticing the Bulgogi---It did spark some curiosity, but not enough to make the investment with only a 30 minute lunch break. Well thank goodness for this challenge, i finally get to indulge in what i found out to be a great culinary marvel.  When i saw this listed in the top 50, i thought it was there due to its originality and not because it was a great "burger".  I looked up some reviews of this bulgogi thing before i went in and found out more complaints about service than the actual sandwich.  So i went in expecting this.  When i walked in i saw the disclaimer on the spicyness of the bulgogi-now

they have my full attention.  The girl running the register was very kind and attentive.  When i ordered the burger she politely asked if i was sure i wanted it spicy because it was very, very hot. Now i was excited--i love spicy food.  I eagerly told her to make it as hot as they could.  I have to admit this burger left me smiling.  It was very flavorful and for 8 bucks, it was worth every penny.  It actually reminded me of Lake Mills, Iowa eating a maid-rite ( http://www.maidrite.com/ ) with my grandfather--exept this was no sloppy joe, this is the big boy version of a childhood memory.  I like! Ok, so its not going to win points on presentation, but it will make them up with taste.  Trust me, you need to try this!  See you at lunch grandpa.    

No comments:

Post a Comment